Kubernetes Certification Coupon: 15% Off + $100 Off On Kubernetes Course bundle
The cloud-native foundation has two Kubernetes certifications. It is one of the most preferred certifications for organizations due to the wide adoption of Kubernetes.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Program
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) Program
Kubernetes Certification Coupon and Training
For DevOpsCube readers, Linux Foundation has offered a 15% Discount on its training and certification programs.
Coupon: Use code DCUBEOFFER to get 15% Off on Kubernetes Certification & Courses
If you opt for cloud engineer Bootcamp, you can save $300 and get certified on both Linux & CKA, plus access to DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, and SRE courses.
The following offers are available for Kubernetes certification and training.
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Certification + Training Bundle
- Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) + Training Bundle
With a training bundle, you will get $100 off and an additional 16% off using Kubernetes certification coupon code DCUBEOFFER ( Note: 20% & 40% Off Sitewide offer for a limited time. Check Linux Foundation Coupons). This offer is not limited to Kubernetes certification and training. You can use it for any subscription in Linux Foundation.
Kubernetes Certification Curriculum Changes [2020 Updates]
The Linux Foundation announced the new curriculum for the CKA, which will be valid from the 1st of September 2020 (CKA20).
The focus shifts more on troubleshooting now, detailed changed below
- Cluster Architecture, Installation & Configuration – 25%
- Workloads & Scheduling – 15%
- Services & Networking – 20%
- Storage – 10%
- Troubleshooting – 30%
About Kubernetes Certification (CKA, CKAD & CKS)
Kubernetes certification is to test your Kubernetes skills through a live practical exam. This exam does not have any objective type questions like other certifications.
[Latest Update] Linux Foundation has announced the new certification program called Certified Kubernetes Security Specialist (CKS).
CKS certification registration and the course will be made available in November 2020. You must be CKA certified to take the CKS exam. This exam is more focussed on Kubernetes security, cluster hardening, build and deploy.
- It is an online-proctored exam
- Full emphasis is on practice than theoretical questions.
- You will have to complete 24 practical tasks in 3 hours.
- You cannot cheat on the exam. However, the usage of kubernetes.io docs is permitted.
Skills required for CKA:
- Application Lifecycle Management – 8%
- Installation, Configuration & Validation – 12%
- Core Concepts – 19%
- Networking – 11%
- Scheduling – 5%
- Security – 12%
- Cluster Maintenance – 11%
- Logging / Monitoring – 5%
- Storage – 7%
- Troubleshooting – 10%
Skills Required for CKAD:
- Core Concepts – 13%
- Configuration – 18%
- Multi-Container Pods – 10%
- Observability – 18%
- Pod Design – 20%
- Services & Networking – 13%
- State Persistence – 8%
Skills Required for CKS:
- Kubernetes Cluster Setup – 10%
- Kubernetes Cluster Hardening – 15%
- System Hardening – 15%
- Minimize Microservice Vulnerabilities – 20%
- Supply Chain Security – 20%
- Monitoring, Logging and Runtime Security – 20%
Kubernetes Certification Tips and Resources
Here are a few resources which have enough tips and tricks to crack the Kubernetes certification.
- Kubernetes Certification Tips from a CKA Certified administrator
- The Complete Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Exam Study Guide
- Taking the Certified Kubernetes Administrator Exam
- Nail Your Kubernetes Admin Exam on the First Try
- Kubernetes Tutorials: Best Resources To Get Started With Kubernetes