If you are looking for a Kubernetes book to get started or to learn all the Kubernetes concepts, Kubernetes up and running is for you. Even if you have an understanding of Kubernetes, we can guarantee that you will learn new things.
About the Authors
This book is authored by the following three authors.
The authors of this book are involved in Kubernetes development since its inception and are well-known names in the tech industry.
What is in the Book?
This book is close to 235 pages. It covers all the Kubernetes concepts in detail. The authors have done a great job of explaining all the concepts in an easy way.
Here are the key things covered in the book
- Introduction to Kubernetes & Why Kubernetes [Velocity, Scaling, Infrastrucutre]
- Key container concepts [Images, Docker, Multistage Build, Container Security]
- Kubernetes Cluster Setup [GKE, AKS, EKS, Minikube]
- Kubernetes CLI commands [kubectl]
- Kubernetes Objects Deep Dive [ Pods, Deployments, Replicasets, Deamonsets, jobs, Labels & annotations etc]
- Kubernetes Service Discovery
- Load balancing with Ingress
- Kubernetes RBAC
- Kubernetes Storage
- Running stateful sets on Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Custom Resources and Operator patterns.
- Real-world application deployments [Jupyter, Ghost, Redis]
Kubernetes up and running Free Ebook
Microsoft has done a great job by making the second edition ebook completely free.
Note: If you prepraring for CKA, CKAD, CKS or KCNA certification, use code DCUB20 at kube.promo/devops get 20% discount today. You can also check the Kubernetes Certification Coupon page to get the latest coupons.
Other Kubernetes Books
The following are the best Kubernetes books you can read.
Other Kubernetes Resources
Following are the best resources you can use to get your journey started with Kubernetes
- Kubernetes Learning Roadmap
- 40+ Kubernetes Tutorials
- Learn Kubernetes using Interactive Browser
- Kubernetes The Hard Way
If you want to get started with the Kubernetes clusters, start with GKE or any other managed Kubernetes services.