This blog talks about the best project management software you can use in 2022 for your project management needs.
In the corporate structure today, project management software is of utmost importance to successfully complete a project. It helps project managers and teams to meet various requirements.
With the paradigm of business constantly changing, a lot of medium, as well as small scale businesses, are now using project management software.
Moreover, it is helping them to increase their productivity and work efficiency without having to exceed the budgetary limit.
While there are many different types of project management software on the market, not all of them are created equal. The best project management software for 2022 will be able to meet the needs of your business while also being user-friendly and affordable.
What are the Best Project Management Softwares?
As time passes by, the number of project management tools increases in the market. With each of its exciting features, it becomes very perplexing to choose the right one.
When it comes to selecting the best project management software for your business, there are a few key factors to consider.
- The first is whether the software is compliant with your organizations rules and regulations as you will be having your corporate data in it.
- The next factor is usability – make sure the software is easy to use and navigate.
- As a bare minimum, it should have task management, time tracking, budgeting and forecasting, collaboration tools, backlog management and reporting features. These features will allow you to effectively manage your projects and ensure that they are completed on time and within budget.
- Finally, consider the cost of the software and whether it meets your budget.
In this project management software list, we will look into the top tools that can be used for personal project tracking to enterprise-level scrum-based project tracking.
So, if you are planning on introducing project management software to your business, you must have these on your watch list.
Official Website: www.trello.com
A simple as well as user-friendly PM software, Trello mostly relies on Kanban boards to manage projects. It provides a special board for each task which every team member can access easily. Plus, these boards are customizable, and any member can customize them as they require. Also, it allows you to drag and drop tasks on the dashboard. Thus, it makes it very easy to manage the tasks, schedule them, and set their priorities.
- It makes it easy to create and maintain an unlimited number of tasks.
- Indeed allows you to share images and files.
- Furthermore, it becomes easy to make internal comments and collaborate efficiently with the team.
Pricing: Trello has a free plan that is perfect for small businesses and personal use. For a medium and large business, there are Business Class and Enterprise plans. The pricing starts at $9.99/ month.
Official Website: www.notion.so
Notion is a project management software that is growing in popularity. It is user-friendly and affordable, and it includes all of the features that you need to manage your projects effectively.
Notion also has a built-in collaboration tool that allows you to work with your team members online. This tool makes it easy to share files and track progress on your projects. Additionally, Notion offers a wide range of reporting features that allow you to measure the success of your projects.
Also, Notion is very popular among content creators.
The top features of Notion include:
- Task management: Notion allows you to create and manage tasks for your projects. You can track the progress of each task and ensure that they are completed on time.
- Time tracking: Notion includes a time tracking feature that allows you to keep track of how much time you are spending on each task. This can help you stay on budget and ensure that your projects are completed on time.
- Budgeting and forecasting: Notion allows you to create budgets and forecasts for your projects. This can help you stay on track financially and ensure that your projects are completed within budget.
- Collaboration tools: Notion includes a built-in collaboration tool that allows you
- Project templates: There are also a number of third-party templates available for Notion. These templates allow you to quickly create project plans, calendars, and budgets. You can also find templates for specific industries, such as construction and real estate.
Official Website: www.asana.com
Asana is a highly efficient project management software that runs on the cloud. It is highly adaptable and can quickly adapt to your working style. Moreover, it allows you to fix every detail of your business effectively. Also, it offers a personalized dashboard as well as a search option. Plus, it will enable you to group tasks in columns or sections or as boards.
- It comes with a personalized inbox for communicating with other members.
- It certainly helps to generate in-detail project reports.
- It makes it easy to create a calendar to sort tasks as per priority.
It offers three different plans: Free, Premium, and Enterprise. The free plan is perfect for every business starting to use PM tools. The Premium plan starts from $9.99/ month.
Official Website: www.atlassian.com
Jira is a multi-platform bug, as well as issue tracking software. It comes with efficient project management features. Next, the software allows you to distribute the tasks amongst your team and cater to different issues. Most importantly, it also enables you to fix bugs and track progress with interactive charts and Kanban boards.
- Jira offers real-time reporting about the works of your members.
- It centralizes the communication of the entire team and brings efficiency.
- It provides roadmaps to present your plans to your stakeholders easily.
Free plan for up to 10 users, and the Standard plan caters up to 5000 users for $7. However, the Premium plan offers 5000 users and 1000 executions per month for $14/month.
Official Website: www.backlog.com
A great online project management tool that allows you to have total control over your project and monitor every aspect. With this software, you will be able to track the progress of your project effectively. Along with Gantt as well as burndown charts, you will be able to manage time and schedules efficiently. Plus, it also offers special task management features. It allows creating and updating different tasks while assigning sub-tasks and deadlines to them.
- It will enable you to create wikis with project details that your team members can download and familiarise with.
- It offers efficient centralized file sharing.
- Also, it makes it easy to communicate with specific members of the team.
Backlog has a free plan that allows you to add 10 members and offers 100 MB of storage space. Other than that, it has three payable packages: Starter, Standard, and Premium. The pricing starts from $35/ month with the starter plan.
Official Website: www.taskade.com
Taskade is a project management software that helps you stay organized and focused on your work. It’s perfect for small projects and allows you to create tasks, notes, lists, and outlines. You can also share your projects with teammates and collaborate in real-time.
Taskade is available on web and mobile, and it’s free to use. There are also Taskade Pro and Taskade Teams (the paid version) that offer more features for collaboration.
Taskade is a great project management tool because it offers a lot of features that are helpful for collaboration. These features include:
- Real-time collaboration: You can easily collaborate with teammates in real-time by sharing projects and tasks.
- Notifications: Taskade will send you notifications when tasks are updated or when comments are added to a task. This helps you stay on top of your work.
- Organized: Taskade is very organized and allows you to create tasks, notes, lists, and outlines. This helps you stay organized and focused on your work.
- Customizable: You can customize the look and feel of Taskade to match your preferences.
Official Website: www.monday.com
Monday project management is a simple yet effective online software. It allows you to meet deadlines, bring transparency to your processes, and manage the tasks. The tool makes it easy to control what others are working on, track progress, centralize the communication channels, and proper management of documents.
- Monday.com offers proper analytics and real-time reporting.
- It allows you to collaborate with third-parties.
- Easily integrates with Google Drive, Dropbox, zapier, and other similar file-sharing tools.
It offers a free trial. There are four plans: Basic, Standard, Pro, and Enterprise. The pricing starts at $39/month with the Basic Plan.
Official Website: www.clickup.com
Focuses mostly on improving productivity, it allows you to manage tasks, time, and projects efficiently. It allows you to monitor every member and see what they are doing. Furthermore, it brings every task as well as a resource into a single place for better utilization.
- It allows you to collaborate efficiently with all members and customize your workflow.
- You can also add the estimation of time for auto-scheduling.
- Also, you can create a task and control what your team members see or do.
Comes with a free plan with 100MB storage and unlimited tasks as well as users. You can also avail of the Unlimited plan for $5 or Business Plan for $9.
Official Website: www.wrike.com
Wrike is an all-in-one tool for all your project management activities. It is used by more than 20000 companies. You can organize all project tasks as a list or kanban board. If you run project scrums, you can use the relevant Wrike template to create respective project scrum boards and charts.
- Project templates for tasks list, kanban boards, etc.
- Project billing features
- Time and bug tracking.
- Third-party application integration (Single sign-on, CRM etc)
Which is the best software for project management?
Before selecting any tool, you need to do your own research on existing tools that you are using in your organization.
For example, if you using Atlassian Bitbucket for source code management, it is better to go with Jira for project management as it will provide more integrations with Bitbucket.
Project management is not just listing down tasks or user stories in tools. First, you need to list your requirements.
Check the tool features that go with your requirement and integration with your existing tools. Whichever tool offers the best integration and support, go for it.
For personal projects and small teams, you can start with Backlog, Asana, or Trello. All these tools provide wonderful templates and workflows for tracking tasks.
If you are looking for an enterprise-grade solution, Jira will top it all. It has excellent integration with all the features you would be looking for.
Free Project Management Software
Well, most of the software we listed in this article supports free users. If you have a very small team, you can start with free subscriptions
- Notion has a free personal plan
- Backlog & Jira offer a free subscription of up to 10 users.
- Asana supports up to 15 users.
- Trello supports 10 free team dashboards
- Clickup Supports unlimited tasks and users with 100 MB storage
How Project Management Software increases your productivity?
In a world where technology is growing rapidly, using project management software is crucial to ensure success for your business.
With project management software, you will be able to control the task and have everyone meet the deadlines. Plus, it will also become easy to fix the deadlines and cater to different constraints easily.
Moreover, the project management tools also come with inbuilt chatting and interaction features.
In other words, project management software combines all the parts of a business or a project in a single place. Thus, it allows you and your team to function better as a unit and meet the goals.
So…What Do You Think?
Project Management tools are essential. It increases productivity and brings efficiency to your workflow. Have a look at the software above and choose the one that suits your needs best.
Now we want to hear from you.
What do you think of this list?
Or maybe we missed one of your favorite project management tools.
Either way, let us know by leaving a comment below.